Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Monkeys!

The pants are gone. I've just looked over and realized that what's missing from my kitchen window is the lump of seersucker that's been living there (see previous post). I hope they made it back to where they belong. I just finished a cup of tea, but I think this might be a double cup morning. I've been inexplicably tired for days. Probably it has something to do with lack of proper sustenance...I digress.
Today I have a meeting with the stylist for the film. As it turns out I don't have to do wardrobe in addition to production design. One of Michael's good friends is actually a fashion stylist who does choreography and styling for runway shows and other fashion events. He's kind of a big deal I think. Most of what I know about him I read on our website, which is up by the way. He's a nice guy, though. Today should be okay.

Saturday was the best day I've had since I got here. In the end, I did not take myself on a date to see a movie. Nor did I manage to find a vegetarian restaurant. Instead, Michael took Matthew and I to a water reservoir to do a 10K walk through the jungle. It was pretty, but I was there for the promise of wild monkeys. And I was not disappointed. Less than 1K into the walk Matthew said to me, deadpan, "there's a monkey". It was right above my head and I hadn't even seen it. Further in we ran into a whole family of monkeys. Four of them were babies. Because the path is often used by runners the monkeys are very accustomed to people. To the point where they would just lay in the path and people approaching would have to step around them. Amazing. When I finally get my camera fixed I will definitely be going back there. For now I have a few of the hundreds of pictures that Matthew took (unless otherwise noted, all of the pictures on my blog are taken by Matthew).
It's raining now. That will probably make my walk to the train station slightly less than enjoyable. I did find an umbrella in our apartment though. It's floral printed and also smells like mothballs. The rain is better than the heat, though. I think it is a whole ten degrees cooler than normal right now.
In the time between the start of this paragraph and the end of the previous one Matthew woke up, got dressed and left for the office. I've been awake for 4 hours and he woke up five minutes ago. Maybe it's time that I started accomplishing things. Maybe first I'll go get coffee...

3 comments:

Barry Jenkins said...

YES! Was gonna say the same thing: you are KILLIN' that blouse!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so glad you've put this blog up! It's great to keep up with your adventures. I'll be praying that you find sustenance soon.

We miss you.

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to proofread the film's website just a bit. Nothing major, a few misspellings, some rambling repetition, etc.

I am also glad you made this blog, because I LOVE hearing what's going on over there. Update often!